T. Greg celebrates turning 37 with a full episode of criminal justice f*ckery! Join us as we go over “testi-lying” in New York, California deputies stealing from a woman with dementia and then shipping her to a foreign country (and killing an unarmed black man in his own backyard), a Maryland officer who spent his time in court sexually harassing the judge’s law clerk, and a Texas deputy repeatedly punching a 12-year-old girl with autism for the heinous crime of petting her own dog.
And there’s so much more!
#Law140 will return next week! Remember to check out our Patreon page for exclusive patron-only content!
Join the conversation by following @fsckemall on Twitter, and tweet us your comments and questions using the hashtag #fsck!
- We talked with Victor Marks of the AppleInsider podcast about geofence warrants!
- And we were namechecked in the MacAdmins podcast!
- Massive new study, tracking millions of children, shows pervasive effects of racism on wealth outcomes of black boys (NY Times)
- Obama-era FBI tracked Black Lives Matter activists across the country (The Intercept)
- CALIFORNIA: Los Angeles PD to begin providing public access to police videos (LA Times)
- CALIFORNIA: Two Sacramento County deputies steal money from woman with dementia, sell her home, ship her to Philippines (KTLA 5)
- CALIFORNIA: Sacramento PD summarily executes unarmed black man for heinous crime of holding iPhone (Sacramento Bee)
- CALIFORNIA: San Diego PD has a point system with rewards for more arrests (KGTV 10)
- CALIFORNIA: New video shows San Luis Obispo jailers lied about inmate’s death, show them laughing as he dies in front of them (San Luis Obispo Tribune)
- DC: Prosecutors chicken out, drop charges against Turkish President’s security detail assaulting Americans (Washington Post)
- GEORGIA: Columbus prosecutors identify potential black jurors by “N,” then systematically exclude them (Atlanta Journal-Constitution)
- GEORGIA: Family files suit after Gwinnett County jailers refuse medical treatment to now-dead detainee (Gwinnett Daily Post)
- HAWAII: Honolulu police officers Bobby Nguyen and Gordon Shiraishi federally indicted for falsifying records, obstruction (Honolulu Star-Advertiser)
- ILLINOIS: Homer Glen PD officer demands to search cremated remains of man’s daughter for drugs, spills them everywhere (WFLD 32)
- MARYLAND: Baltimore jury awards $37,000,000.00+ to Korryn Gaines’s family (Baltimore Sun)
- MARYLAND: Baltimore judge dismisses murder case brought by corrupt GTTF officers (Baltimore Sun)
- MICHIGAN: Detroit taxpayers will shell out $225,000.00+ for puppycide killings by police in weed raid (Reason)
- MINNESOTA: Murder charges filed against Minneapolis killer cop Mohamed Noor (Minneapolis Star-Tribune)
- MISSOURI: Officer Rick Hayes, fired for racial profiling, is back on the force (St. Louis Post-Dispatch)
- NEW JERSEY: Atlantic City officer John Devlin found liable in brutal beating, city taxpayers to pay $300K+ (Press of Atlantic City)
- NEW JERSEY: Dashcam footage released of Carteret police admitting fellow officer Joseph Reiman beat black 16-year-old boy for sport (NJ Advance Media)
- NEW YORK: Exposé on NYPD officers lying under oath, called “testilying” (NY Times)
- NORTH CAROLINA: Integration, civil rights pioneer Millie Dunn Veasey passes away (BBC News)
- OREGON: Prison refuses to give inmates flu vaccine; 44 get sick, 1 dies (Willamette Week)
- PENNSYLVANIA: New Philly DA Larry Krasner implementing truly radical reforms (The Intercept)
- SOUTH CAROLINA: White “volunteer” cop shoots unarmed black man for sport during traffic stop (Myrtle Beach Sun News)
- TENNESSEE: Nashville judge Casey Moreland indicted for stealing money, sleeping with defendants (Washington Post)
- TENNESSEE: Lawrence McKinney to receive $1M after being imprisoned 31 years for crimes he didn’t commit (The Tennesseean)
- TEXAS: Williamson County deputy Jack Danford repeatedly punches autistic 12-year-old girl in the face for petting her own puppy (KXAN 36)
- TEXAS: Unnamed Houston police officer summarily executes unarmed black man in broad daylight (Houston Chronicle)
- TEXAS: Arrest warrant issued for 37-year-old Lubbock woman arrested for unpaid fine from when she was 12 (Reason)
- UTAH: Police raid home, attack family members just minutes after they return from hospital (KSL-TV 5)
- FRANCE: Police officer Arnaud Beltrame gives his life to save hostage (BBC News)