Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | TuneIn
It’s a shorter-than-normal Fsck this week because T. Greg had the flu, but we still fit in stories about the Nunes meh-mo, totally bonkers testimony about Maryland’s corrupt Gun Trace Task Force, more ICE stupidity, and the wide variety of police getting charged with dealing drugs.
Episode 49, a #Law140 on how the First Amendment applies to the Executive Branch, is on our Patreon page exclusively for our patrons! We’ll hopefully be back to regular episodes next week!
Join the conversation by following @fsckemall on Twitter, and tweet us your comments and questions using the hashtag #fsck!
- The Nunes memo has been released. Emphasis on “meh.” (Vice News)
- Federal regulators approve a legal defense fund for Trump Administration staff (CNN)
- ARIZONA: Police chase ends in violent, head-on crash with innocent civilian (KMPH 26)
- CALIFORNIA: Los Angeles criminalizes homelessness (LA Times)
- CALIFORNIA: Mentally ill 34yo Bertram Hiscock jailed to death (Sacramento Bee)
- COLORADO: Middle school teacher Karen Smith given a paid vacation for assaulting student who didn’t stand for the Pledge (Denver Post)
- A Michigan student was assaulted too (Fsck #27)
- And a Texas student was expelled (Fsck #31)
- Sitting during the Pledge has been legal for 75 years (Oyez)
- FLORIDA: Federal judge strikes down lifetime ban on felon voting rights (Tampa Bay Times)
- Judge Walker’s opinion (DocumentCloud)
- ILLINOIS: Government attorney resigns over withholding evidence in civil rights lawsuit (Chicago Tribune)
- ILLINOIS: ICE detains Army veteran who served several tours in Afghanistan, to be deported over drug charge (Chicago Tribune)
- ILLINOIS: Seven Chicago PD officers caught on FBI video stealing money, drugs (WBBM 2)
- KANSAS: ICE seizes chemistry professor while taking his daughter to school (Kansas City Star)
- MARYLAND: A compilation of the eye-popping testimony about Baltimore’s corrupt Gun Trace Task Force (Vox)
- MARYLAND: A third of Baltimore’s new police don’t understand the law (Baltimore Sun)
- MARYLAND: Hagerstown PD officer Christopher Barnett arrested for stealing paralyzed woman’s medication (Herald-Mail Media)
- MICHIGAN: Police apologize for ignoring victim of Dr. Larry Nassar in 2004 (Chicago Tribune)
- MISSISSIPPI: Starkville PD radio operator indicted for murdering newborn… but coroner hasn’t even reviewed the case (The Dispatch)
- NEW YORK: State Parks police had to “offer up” their wives for promotions (NY Post)
- NORTH CAROLINA: Charlotte-Mecklenburg police kill suicidal 27yo Charlie Shoupe (Charlotte Observer)
- NORTH CAROLINA: Durham PD prevents pair of suicides (Facebook)
- PENNSYLVANIA: Pittsburgh homicide detective Peg Sherwood indicted for lying, falsifying reports (Pittsburgh Post-Gazette)
- UNITED KINGDOM: Bristol police tase man with autism, lie about it, cleared of wrongdoing (UK Guardian)
One Reply to ““Would You Like Some Drugs With That?” (Episode 50)”
Comments are closed.