Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | TuneIn
Join us this week for a case of actual RICO in Georgia, the number of euphemisms a Kentucky news outlet will use to avoid saying a police officer raped 5 women, and an outrageous story in Fort Worth Texas as police kill a woman in her own home while she’s playing video games with her nephew. Plus, a #Law140 overview of the appeals process!
*THANK YOU* to this week’s Show Note Sponsors (Anon, Trey Benfield, Judi Kane, Colleen Mahaney, Benjamin Nagy, Rob Simmons, and Michael Teal) and our #Law140 Lovers (Lindsey Bowser, Andrew Murphy, Erica Phillips, Helen Poston, Joe Sevits, and Michael VanOrder)!
- Thanks to Emmett Plant for this week’s cover art! Follow Emmett on Twitter here!
- Vic Mignogna, his attorney Ty Beard, and his advisor Nick Rekieta got LOL’d out of court (Dallas Morning News)
- CBP Officer illegally detains journalist until he admits to writing “propaganda” (Defense One)
- ICE relocates 700 women detainees, refuses to notify attorneys of where they’re being held (HuffPost)
- FLORIDA: West Palm Beach County Judge John Kastrenakes sentences 21-year-old black man to jail for oversleeping jury duty (BuzzFeed News)
- GEORGIA: City of White police chief David Johnny King, city clerk Jane Lanette Richards and police officer Blake Douglas Scheff indicted for RICO, extortion (WMAZ 13)
- ILLINOIS: DeKalb police on video choking the sh*t out of unarmed 25-year-old black man Elonte McDowell for minor weed possession (ABC News)
- ILLINOIS: 9-year-old Kyle Alwood charged with first-degree murder for lethal trailer fire (Peoria Journal Star)
- KENTUCKY: Louisville PD officer Pablo Cano sentenced to just 5 years for “unwanted sex” – rape – of five different women and possession of kiddie porn (WOWK 13)
- MARYLAND: Baltimore DA identifies 25 more “discredited” police officers, asks court to vacate 800+ convictions (Baltimore Sun)
- NEW YORK: NYPD perv cop Raul Olmeda acquitted of raping 15-year-old, but convicted of witness tampering (NY Daily News)
- Our episode on Olmeda’s indictment for rape (Fsck #32)
- NEW YORK: Bronx prosecutors release some records on Brady List police (Gothamist)
- PENNSYLVANIA: Chester Township PD officer Pasquale Storace III arrests black folks for “loitering” in their own yard, then re-arrests them again after they’re released from jail (KYW 1080AM)
- PENNSYLVANIA: 54-year-old black man Willie Veasy exonerated, freed after serving 27 years in prison for murder he did not commit (Philadelphia Inquirer)
- TEXAS: Dallas PD killer cop Amanda Guyger convicted of murder, sentenced to 10 years in killing of Botham Jean (Dallas Morning News)
- Our episode on Jean’s execution (Fsck #82)
- Our episode on the subsequent murder indictment (Fsck #88)
- TEXAS: Joshua Brown, key witness in Guyger murder trial, gunned down in his parking lot days after the verdict (Dallas Morning News)
- TEXAS: Unidentified Fort Worth police officer summarily executes unarmed 28-year-old black woman Atatiana Jefferson, in her own home, while she was playing video games with her nephew (Fort Worth Star-Telegram)
- TEXAS: Houston murder suspects stop paying for ankle monitor, so government stops monitoring him (KTRK 13)
- AUSTRALIA: A drug addict dressed up as a police officer and successfully raided another addict’s home for drugs (The Age)
One Reply to “Vic Mignogna: Dismissed with Prejudice (Episode 97)”
Thank you! and not for nothing “leaving the door open” and having a screen door and the main door open are two different things. As someone who lives in a warm climate it’s not out of the realm of possibility now that we have cooler nights for someone to want a bit of fresh air coming in and latching their screen door but opening the front door.
Comments are closed.