Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | TuneIn
Greetings from Atlanta! Join us this week for a smaller episode that’s part criminal justice f*ckery, and part mini-WTFsck Volume VI. We talk about cops killing people by car in Michigan and Louisiana, hitting a third in New York (before framing the driver for DWI), and a pair of entries from our “Ain’t no systemic racism in this country bih” files about a white nationalist schoolteacher in Florida and a racist firefighter in Kansas.
Then, in place of #Law140, T. Greg answers a quartet of your questions!
Remember to check out our Patreon page for exclusive patron-only content — including a behind-the-scenes photo of where this episode got recorded!
Join the conversation by following @fsckemall on Twitter, and tweet us your comments and questions using the hashtag #fsck!
- ALABAMA: Man who criticized Etowah County Sheriff to media arrested 4 days later (AL.com)
- Our episode with this story (Fsck #53)
- CALIFORNIA: LAPD officers James Nichols, Luis Valenzuela plead no contest to raping multiple women while on duty (LA Times)
- CALIFORNIA: Pasadena PD Lt. Vasken Gourdikian indicted for illegal gun sales, lying (Pasadena Star-News)
- CALIFORNIA: San Francisco PD police fire 65+ shots into occupied RV, somehow hit no one (SFGate)
- COLORADO: Democratic legislator Steve Lebsock impeached and removed for sexual harassment, changes to Republican (Denver Post)
- FLORIDA: Republican social studies teacher Dayanna Volitich runs white nationalist podcast, Twitter feed (HuffPost)
- FLORIDA: Largo attorney arrested for conducting trial while high (Tampa Bay Times)
- GEORGIA: “Small government” Republicans use government to punish Delta Airlines for ending NRA discount (Governing Magazine)
- ILLINOIS: ICE detains 7-year-old and mother as both seek asylum, holds them apart for 4+ months (Chicago Tribune)
- KANSAS: Firefighter spits on 3-year-old “ni—er child,” hides behind badge (KCTV 5)
- Racist firefighters in NY (Fsck #41)
- Racist firefighters in FL (Fsck #36)
- Racist firefighters in OH (Fsck #27)
- KENTUCKY: “Family values” Republicans block bill to stop rape of 13-year-olds (Louisville Courier-Journal)
- LOUISIANA: Baton Rouge PD killer cop Christopher Manuel demolishes SUV while speeding, kills 1-year-old, mother charged (New Orleans Advocate)
- MASSACHUSETTS: Boston PD officer Zachary Crossen accosts random black man walking to barbershop, caught on video (Boston Globe)
- MICHIGAN: Detroit PD officers Stephen Heid and Ronald Cadez cause lethal crash, flee scene (Detroit Free Press)
- NEW YORK: NYPD officer Justin Joseph plows into sober black man’s car, frames him for DWI (NY Daily News)
- NEW YORK: NYPD perv cop Anthony Avosso charged for repeatedly exposing himself to women (NY Daily News)
- Exposing yourself is evidently a NYPD tradition (Fsck #46)
- Seriously, they do it a lot (Fsck #33)
- NORTH CAROLINA: More than 15,000+ rape kits are sitting on shelves, never tested (WRAL)
- NORTH CAROLINA: Asheville PD officer Chris Hickman beats the sh*t out of unarmed black man, caught on video (Asheville Citizen Times)
- NORTH CAROLINA: Charlotte-Meck PD cop Matthew Porter charged with repeatedly raping 10-year-old girl (WCNC 36)
- VIRGINIA: Chesterfield County police hold black college student at gunpoint, no charges filed, refuse to release bodycam (Richmond Times-Dispatch)
- WTFsck: When can you tell institutions are participating in cover-ups? (Twitter)
- WTFsck: Will anything happen with gun control this time?
- WTFsck: Are there any legal issues with Georgia’s actions about Delta? (Twitter)
- WTFsck: Am I arrogant and belittling on purpose?
- WTFsck? Volume 5 (Fsck #43):
- Are “revenge prosecutions” common?
- Are NC trial judges elected or appointed or something else?
- Can Trump be prosecuted after his term ends?
- What is the best way for listeners to support the podcast?
- What is my favorite beer?
- Any new podcast recommendations?
- What do I watch on TV?
- What is the weirdest thing in my apartment?
- What is my biggest pet peeve?
- What is my favorite memory of 2017?
- What is my biggest accomplishment of 2017?
- What are my predictions for 2018?
- WTFsck? Volume 4 (Fsck #28):
- Prospects for race-conscious college admissions?
- Thoughts about the #TakeAKnee NFL protests?
- What are my “goals” for the podcast?
- What tools do you need to start your own podcast?
- WTFsck? Volume 3 (Fsck #24):
- Podcast details?
- Why did I leave computer science to become a lawyer?
- How does “qualified immunity” compare between employees and police?
- Why does “Congress” now include all governments?
- WTFsck? Volume 2 (Fsck #15):
- How and when to hire a lawyer?
- Can Congress undo constitutional laws?
- What type of gun do I carry?
- Why do lawyers think precedent is so great?
- WTFsck? Volume 1 (Fsck #5):
- Segregated Graduation at Harvard?
- What do I think about Citizens United?
- How will Gorsuch compare to Scalia?
- Why am I a conservative?