We had so much criminal justice f*ckery we had to split it into two episodes! Join us this week for the latest Mueller indictments in the Russia probe, the NSA still illegally collecting your phone calls, a Florida police officer terrorizing a local restaurant over seasoning, and a truly impressive fraud scheme by a cop in New Jersey.
More f*ckery will drop Thursday, and a regular #Law140 will return next week! Until then, make sure to check out our page on Patreon for exclusive patron-only content!
Join the conversation by following @fsckemall on Twitter, and tweet us your comments and questions using the hashtag #fsck!
*THANK YOU* to this week’s Show Note Sponsors (Trey Benfield, Melanie Greenan, Judi Kane, Colleen Mahaney, Charlotte Mobley, and Michael Teal) and our #Law140 Lovers (Damien Boyd, Matthew Boyer, Brian Gilbreath, Tyler Kiley, Byron Mobley, Andrew Murphy, Erica Phillips, Helen Poston, Joe Sevits, and Michael VanOrder)!
- Vote for Fsck ‘Em All in the 13th Annual Podcast Awards!
- Mueller files the latest batch of indictments, and lots of Republicans are in it (US DOJ)
- Investigation into women inmates being groomed for prostitution using public info (UK Guardian)
- The NSA is still illegally compiling your call information (Daily Beast)
- CALIFORNIA: ICE officers whine to the media about how unpopular they are now (LA Times)
- DC: All J20 prosecutions dismissed (Washington Post)
- Our episode with the Government admitting they lacked evidence (Fsck #39)
- …and the rioting charges getting dismissed (Fsck #42)
- …and the jury acquitting on other charges (Fsck #46)
- …and the court dismissing more charges over Brady violations (Fsck #68)
- …and the jury acquitting 3 more (Fsck #69)
- FLORIDA: Fort Myers PD officer Tim McCormick claimed Burger King served him dirt; it was actually seasoning (WUSA 9)
- Police have also terrorized restaurants in Missouri… (Fsck #28)
- …and in New Jersey (Fsck #22)
- …and in New Jersey again (Fsck #58)
- …and in North Carolina (Fsck #2)
- FLORIDA: Miami-Dade police story in savage beating of Ephraim Casado “directly contradicted” by video (Miami New Times)
- FLORIDA: North Bay Village police on surveillance video throwing a party as citizens called for help during Hurricane Irma (Miami Herald)
- GEORGIA: Glynn County PD killer cop Robert C. Sasser, who killed Caroline Small in 2010, kills ex-wife, her boyfriend, and himself (Atlanta Journal-Constitution)
- GEORGIA: Gwinnett County Sheriff’s Department uses forfeiture money to buy $70K sports car for Sheriff (WAGA 5)
- ILLINOIS: Chicago taxpayers shell out $2,500,000.00+ to 3-year-old girl traumatized by CPD (WGN 9)
- LOUISIANA: Witness recants in 2002 homicide, claims he was coerced by Jefferson Parrish Sheriff’s Office to lie (New Orleans Advocate)
- MASSACHUSETTS: One Boston PD officer helps take care of a pet dog while family is in the hospital… (Boston Globe)
- MASSACHUSETTS: …while another Boston PD officer summarily executes a “vicious” pitbull, but provides no indications of viciousness (Boston Globe)
- NEW JERSEY: Paterson PD officer Robert McAusland pleads guilty to beating suicidal man in hospital, selling crack, heroin, weed (NJ Advance Media)
- NEW JERSEY: West Deptford PD officer Thomas McWain indicted for falsifying arrest reports, destroying evidence (NJ Advance Media)
- NEW YORK: NYPD officer Tanvir Ahmed on video crashing into car in hit-and-run, punching victim who chases him (NY Daily News)
- NORTH CAROLINA: Judge rules that Durham PD detective Jesus Sandoval lied on search warrant in rape investigation (News & Observer)
- OHIO: 20-year-old man takes picture of his 17-year-old girlfriend, now federally indicted for creating kiddie porn (Cleveland Plain Dealer)
- SOUTH CAROLINA: Police union loses its sh*t over high school reading list (CBLDF)
- SOUTH CAROLINA: Richland County deputy Kaleb Broome pleads guilty to defacing domestic violence victim’s poster, spelling “Niger” (WLTX 19)
- TENNESSEE: Federal judge blocks the state’s practice of suspending licenses of the indigent over traffic fines (Reason)
- WISCONSIN: State Supreme Court rules police can draw your blood without a warrant when you’re unconscious (WI Courts)
- VIRGINIA: Couple invents “Not Reaching” pouch to help reduce deaths during traffic stops (WWBT 12)
- CANADA: US CBP boarding Canadian fishing boats to ask about illegal immigrants (Toronto Star)